Accelerate Partners Monthly Threat Report is a comprehensive and timely resource that offers a detailed overview of the evolving cybersecurity landscape. This insightful report provides a snapshot of the latest threats, vulnerabilities, and emerging trends in the digital world. Our team of experienced cybersecurity experts meticulously analyzes data and incidents from the past month, distilling it into a concise and informative format.
Critical Patches Issued for Microsoft Products
Multiple vulnerabilities have been discovered in Microsoft products, the most severe of which could allow for remote code execution in the context of the logged-on user.
Most Microsft products and services have updates and patches, Windows Edge, Office, and more. Please see below Mircosft link below for a complete list of updates.
- Ensure that all Microsoft products have the latest version installed
- Enact Least Privilege Access, limited higher privileged access to only select users
Multiple Vulnerabilities in Google Chrome
Multiple vulnerabilities have been discovered in Google Chrome, the most severe of which could allow for arbitrary code execution. Successful exploitation of these vulnerabilities could allow for arbitrary code execution in the context of the logged-on user.
- Chrome prior to 119.0.6045.159/.160 for Windows
- Chrome prior to 119.0.6045.159 for Mac and Linux
- Ensure devices with Google Chrome have the latest version installed
- Limit the number of users who have higher privileged access
Multiple Vulnerabilities in Google Andriod OS
Multiple vulnerabilities have been discovered in Google Android OS, the most severe of which could allow for privilege escalation. Android is an operating system developed by Google for mobile devices, including, smartphones, tablets, and watches.
Successful exploitation of the most severe of these vulnerabilities could allow for privilege escalation Privilege escalation attacks exploit weaknesses and security vulnerabilities with the goal of elevating access to a network, applications, and mission-critical systems. There are two types of privilege escalation attacks including vertical and horizontal. Vertical attacks are when an attacker gains access to an account with the intent to perform actions as that user. Horizontal attacks gain access to account(s) with limited permissions requiring an escalation of privileges, such as to an administrator role, to perform the desired actions.
- Android OS patch levels prior to 2023-11-05
- Ensure that all devices running Google Andriod OS have the latest version available installed.
- Configure least privilege access to reduce your exposure and attack surface
For more information or advice on strategies and best practices to improve your company’s cyber hygiene please reach out to an Accelerate Partners representative today!